Let the gamer beware, Forsake this game!

Condolences, dear seekers, for Perfect World Entertainment's Forsaken World (formerly "Project EM"/PEM), MMORPG. This site was once filled with hope, but now serves as a warning to gamers with even the slightest glimmer of interest.

Forsaken World has been released in "Open Beta", and brings SHAME to PWE and it's parent Company, PWB (Perfect World Beijing). FW is a Flagship of Corporate Greed, and Poor Craftsmanship..

"Come, mourn with me! Practice well your Dirges, your Nocturnes, and your Vespers! Come grieve with me, Dark Children, and together we shall conduct a Grand Funeral, scored in blood!"

We shall hunt elsewhere for the promises left unfulfilled by this Forsaken World.

Monday, February 8, 2010

02 05 06 20 06 07 08

FW Economy- Soul Gold

 Have you every scraped and saved for days, or weeks, trying to get enough gold to buy that next peice of gear, only to find out that inflation has left you with money enough for less than what you have now? Or, more likely, had your favorite MMO ruined by the incessant announcements of  gold sellers? Or a botter, on autopilot, harvesting mobs you need for a quest?  That is all about to change.

Perfect World is introducing yet *another* innovation in Forsaken World.."Soul Gold". The details are a bit sketchy, atm, but the system has been designed "from the ground up" to eliminate the market for Gold Sellers, (which has often been linked to stolen player accounts, and botting).

 
Deep in the Rainforest

Freeport..and the Great Library.

Perfect World has taken steps in the past to counter the aforementioned hazards of botting and gold sellers, (features which I greatly appreciated in PWI and ESO), but for FW, they wanted more, without harming the "fun" level of the player. So, you can expect *2* forms of currency in FW, regular gold and "Soul Gold". It seems that aquisition is designed around teamwork, and activities requiring conscious thought, which immediately removes botters from the picture. (oh, my poor heart bleeds for them  /sarcasm).

 
Facing the Temple

"Aftermath". Because pirates don't play nice.

It's good to see Perfect World aggressively seeking solutions to these issues. How many mmo's have been ruined by their own economies being flooded? A game needs "gold sinks", in the form of NPC's to enusure that the "gold going out" stems the surplus of the "gold coming in". There are other game companies, of games I've played,  that actually *make deals* with gold seller companies..shameful! Not Perfect World, though. My loyalty has now re-enforced  after this news. It seems, from all angles, that PW has put effort into designing a mmo that is "everything a mmo should be." I am so looking forward to FW, so I can finally be "home". Ok, I'll stop going on,and on,  now...I'm starting to sound like a starry-eyed uberfan. Oops. Too late.

Be well until next time, seekers!


09 19 20 21 22

4 comments:

Vahrna said...

Wow...even more great news. I mean, goldsellers were what partly ruined Aion for me and to hear that Forsaken World will be different...
-enters fangirl mode-
I love Forsaken World already. If all these features get implemented, then it will be a lot different than all these other games. It could really become a small revolution for (themepark) mmorpgs.I really can't wait!

Fatal Exception said...

Yes, I can see you and I are "of one mind" in regards to Forsaken World. I desperately hope that all that is promised is delivered. I don't expect 'perfection", per se, but I do believe that FW will be a major step forward to that unattainable goal.

Vahrna said...

Yes, I don't expect perfection either, but at the moment, I see some very good features and very nice "little" details that make me excited for Forsaken World. It seems a lot of thought went into this game and they really wanted to create something "different". Though I haven't played yet, it already looks a lot more promising than most of the games I played. Now, if they manage to make combat interesting and give us a quest system that not only resolves around the storyline but also gives us some interesting quests...then I am most likely sold to this game for quite some time.

Fatal Exception said...

Agreed, on all points.

Followers